Juergen Vigna <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

| On 19-Feb-2001 Michael Schmitt wrote:
| >
| > Could this be a compromise?
| >
| >   1. Juergen fixes all/most outstanding bugs
| >   2. Lars integrates the new-insets code
| >   3. Allan and Karl fix libsigc++ for Sun CC
| >   4. A pre-release of LyX 1.1.7 is produced ASAP
| >   5. I will run Purify on my machine (day and night :-)) to check
| >      the stability of both the tabular and new-insets code (provided
| >      that it is more or less usable for daily work)
|
| IMO there's a lot more to do on the textinset's when we use it in various
| different insets.

Specifics?
The problem with textinsets now is when having a textinset in a
textinset and you can have that problem in a tabular as well...

I'll reiterate:
Things that needs to be done in NEW_INSETS:
        - generate float lists correctly. The approach used in 1.1.6
        (and head) can not be used since the number of floatlists can
        now be dynamic. So fixing the lists to LOT,LOF and LOA will
        not do.
        - drawing problems in InsetFloat and InsetCaption.

Besides this I see so special problems with NEW_INSET, in particular
footnotes and marginal notes seem to work just fine. (there might be
some drawing problems there too, but those are then a general problem
with insettext.)

| Also such a version would be 1.2.0 as this would be a
| really great change and we decided to give such a change a major number
| update!

No, no the nubering change has nothing to do with this. That is just a
coincidence.

        Lgb