On Thu, May 04, 2017 at 01:06:44AM +0200, Tommaso Cucinotta wrote:
> As we're on this, a few other things I had in my tommaso/master [1], out of
> which:
> I'd really love to have 3)...

Is it polished? Is there a trac ticket for this one? Or an archived
discussion?

> about 2) I'm stuck with recurring to Emacs-editing the first line of a .lyx
> file every time I face that issue :-)...

If I remember correctly, this is the idea that LyX might as well try to
open files from future LyX versions, if the author accepts the
consequences. Is that right? If so, I think I will be hesitant to accept
this one at this point. I think it will need discussion and will need to
consider several possible situations. But if you feel strongly about it,
continue the discussion on lyx-devel. Who knows---maybe I'm wrong and we
could arrive at a consensus soon enough to put it in before the freeze.

> just pushed 1),.... needs to be tried by someone

I tried it, just found a minor unexpected behavior that I reported in
the thread.

> guess 4) might be debatable already for a 3.0 :-).

Yes probably we should hold off on that one.

Scott