On Thu, May 04, 2017 at 12:54:47AM +0200, Tommaso Cucinotta wrote:
> On 03/05/2017 15:00, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
> > Tommaso, I'm still curious if you are planning to implement the gnuplot
> > patch for 2.3.0? Or perhaps you already did and I missed it?
> >
> > The reason I ask is that time is running out to get features into 2.3.0
> > before we should focus completely on bug fixes.
>
> I had it in my own tommaso/master branch, rebased up to last summer
> (LinuxDay@Pisa).
>
> I thought it was late, but as you're asking, I took the chance to rebase the
> patch (trivial), check it's still working as expected, and push [1].
>
> I wish someone else could try it out, in case you're short of gnuplot
> scripts, you can use the attached sample. Just run LyX, and do
> "Insert->Graphics...", then choose the .gp file, then enjoy the plot preview
> on screen, as well as in the PDF formatted output.

Works well! I found what I think is unexpected behavior: if I select the
graphics inset (e.g. after I have followed your instructions and clicked
on "run" and everything looks good), and copy it, I am presented with
the authorization dialog. I assume this is because of a temporary buffer
that LyX creates for the copy or something like that? In any case, the
dialog was unexpected to me. Can you reproduce?

I don't use gnuplot so I'm glad that you gave the simple example.

I tested both gnuplot and knitr together (these both require "dangerous"
converters) and everything worked smoothly.

Scott