On 3 May 2017 at 13:26, Scott Kostyshak <skost...@lyx.org> wrote:

> Bump. It would be nice to at least have
>
>     https://www.lyx.org/Download
>
> provide a secure connection for the final release. I would normally
> propose this as a release blocker, but since we've only implemented
> https recently, I guess that is extreme.

Hi Scott,

The wiki page
   http://wiki.lyx.org/Site/InterMap

defines e.g. the "prefix" with the name "uploads:". I've now changed the
it's definition (and some other prefixes) to use 'https' instead of 'http'.

I did a quick check on a link, and now uploads: seems to use the https.

Can you see if this has also made the pages "secure" as per your definition?
/Christian

PS.
A different password is needed to edit
   http://wiki.lyx.org/Site/InterMap
and some of the other more sensitive wiki (admin) pages.
You can ask e.g. me for it. It's otherwise listed in the file
"passwords.txt" on the server.
   /home/lyx/www/wiki.lyx.org/passwords.txt

Note: You need to have server access and be in the group 'wheel' to have
read permission for that file.