On 20/05/2017 10:37 p.m., Christian Ridderström wrote:
On 18 May 2017 at 09:09, Stephan Witt <st.w...@gmx.net
<mailto:st.w...@gmx.net>> wrote:

    For me - on Mac - it has always been like this. It’s not a big deal
    IMO to choose anonymous and proceed. Therefore I didn’t complain :)
    OTOH how would you connect in case you want using a name/password if
    you’re not asked for?

In Fan's case, he seems to be on Firefox / Windows and without a dialog
option to login in anonymously, so I can understand why it's confusing
for him.

Scott, which OS are you on?  (you tested with Chromium and Firefox, and
didn't have a problem).

In summary we seem to have:

Windows? / Firefox   (Fan):     Only asked for user/password, no
anonymous option
?/Chromium              (Scott):    Automatically logged in anonymously.
? / Firefox                 (Scott):    Automatically logged in anonymously.
macOS  / Chrome    (CHR):    Automatically logged in anonymously.
macOS / Safari        (CHR):     Dialog with choice to login as guest.
                                               Assuming Stephan's also
on Mac/Safari.

So at least on macOS it does depend on the browser.

/Christian

PS
Fan, did it work for you if you gave "anonymous" as the username?

Just to confuse matters, I'm on Windows 7/Firefox, I click on the link in http://www.lyx.org/Download to the Bundle (261 MB) or Installer (52 MB) and a dialog pops up asking me if I want to save this file. No question about username or password.

Andrew

---