On Thu, Jun 01, 2017 at 01:03:01PM -0400, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
> On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 11:25:18AM -0400, Richard Heck wrote:
> > On 05/31/2017 07:40 AM, edu Gpl wrote:
> > > Dear Lyx Team
> > > thank you for all.
> > > i got 2 error after i upgrade from lyx 2.2.2 to 2.3 .
> > >
> > > 1st:
> > > when i generate my book, i got this msg:
> > >

> > This is a warning that means exactly what it says. If it worked in 2.2.x,
> > that was only a happy accident. You should not use "title" layouts after
> > "non-title" layouts. The solution is to move the Dedication into the title
> > area of your document.
>
> +1
>
> In some cases there is no change in output, but in other cases the
> situation can cause problems (e.g. one of the environments not being
> output in the PDF) with LaTeX.

I put the following in our release notes for 2.3 (at f4b14fcf). I hope
it is clear:

  * LyX now gives a warning if a document mixes title and non-title
  layouts. In some cases, this warning is harmless, but in other cases the
  document has a serious problem even though the LaTeX command does not
  exit with error. For example, create a document with a title layout,
  then a standard layout, and then an author layout, and you will see in
  the PDF that the author is not typeset as an author.

Scott