Am Mittwoch, 19. Juli 2017 um 19:48:49, schrieb Guenter Milde
<mi...@users.sf.net>
> On 2017-07-19, Kornel Benko wrote:
>
> > [-- Type: text/plain, Encoding: 7bit --]
>
> > Am Mittwoch, 19. Juli 2017 um 15:00:16, schrieb Kornel Benko
> > <kor...@lyx.org>
> >> So, maybe better we could omit \textcompwordmark in mono fonts.
>
> > This patch works for me. It uses vphantom{}, but only between '<<' and '>>'.
>
> See my other post for alternatives solving the "missing character" error
> with Unicode fonts for \textcompwordmark.

I have read it. I understand the usage and I don’t insist on removing
textcompwordmark any longer.

> If you insist on changing away from textcompwordmark, this should be limited
> to TU, i.e. done in
> bool Paragraph::Private::latexSpecialTU(char_type const c, otexstream & os,
>

> Günter

I don't insist. I would insist on removing textcompwordmark in mono fonts, but
did not see an easy way.
Instead, if you look into the lines around src/Paragraph.cpp:1378 you see the
only reason to use
textcompwordmark there is to break the ligatures for '>>' and '<<'. But that
can be done by vphantom{} too.

        Kornel