Juergen Vigna <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

| On 08-Mar-2001 Andre Poenitz wrote:
|
| > PS: Anybody betting how Lars would vote? ;-)
|
| Well I bet 1 cent he want's to wait till all have upgraded their
| compilers ;P

For me is gcc 3.0 the turning point. That compiler is roumored to
compile the linux kernel ok (or at least the RH gcc 2.96 is). So after
that we should _at least_ be able to use C++ fetures present in gcc
2.95.2/3.

Other vendor's compilers are cathing up (C++ wise) very fast, and we
should just stop supporting older compilers.

For me namespaces is "Go! Go!", exceptions must still wait a bit
(exceptions will also mean a lot of changes in lyx code).

Besides this we are using iostream, std::containers etc. all over. So
we are actaully beginning to resemple a pretty modern C++ program.
What is missing now is good std::locale support, and wide
streams/strings.

        Lgb