Hello,

Appended as usual is a list of what has been fixed since 1.1.6fix1.
My plan is to release 1.1.6fix2 soon (tomorriw?). So if you think
some things should be done first, say it NOW!

Please tell me what are the open bugs you consider important for
1.1.6fix2. Also tell me if I forgot some of the changes.

Some known problems are:

- many many tabular bugs. Juergen managed to fix a bunch of them for
  the main branch, but it appears that most of these fixes cannot be
  safely retrofitted here. Michael Schmidt has written a very
  comprehensive list of bugs in 1.1.6fix1.
  http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-devel@lists.lyx.org/msg19217.html

  Also, memory use of large tabulars is still too high

- bug with num keypad in some cases
  http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-users@lists.lyx.org/msg09077.html
  http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-devel@lists.lyx.org/msg18944.html

- bug with some bindings like C-S-T
  http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-devel@lists.lyx.org/msg18746.html

As usual, I'd be glad if some of you could take the time to
check it out (or fix a bug or two if you are feeling adventurous). Let
me recall that all these fixes have been checked in the branch
BRANCH_1_1_6, which you can get with the command
 cvs checkout -d lyx-1_1_6 -r BRANCH_1_1_6 lyx-devel

JMarc

What's new
==========

** Updates

- add language support in docbook; better support for verbatim text.

- the --with-lyx-suffix flag introduced in 1.1.6fix1 has been renamed
  to --with-version-suffix; it can now be used without argument (to
  install as lyx-1.1.6fix2)

- updated german, danish and polish translations; updated french
  documentation

- preliminary Thai support; new serbo-croatian support

** Bugfixes

- fix permissions of lib/configure and lib/configure.cmd at install
  time

- fix permission of temporary files to be readable only by user

- fix a bug where bibtex was not always run when needed

- fix a babel error after changing the language of the document

- fix crash after running Edit->Reconfigure

- fix bug with cursor when inserting Greek characters

- fix selection problems in tabular cells

- fix crash in tabular after inserting a column/cell

- lower a bit the memory consumption of large tabulars

- fix reading of log file when not using a temporary directory

- fix font bug when joining to paragraph with backspace

- do not save files when running with no gui

- when the cursor is before a space and you break the paragraph into two by
  pressing enter, delete the space instead keeping it as the last char
  of the paragraph.

- fix compilation on HP-UX 10.20

- add support for gcc 3.0 pre-releases

- disable threads support by default in sigc++

- fix some Makefile problems in po directory when using non-GNU tools