On Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 12:14:59PM +0100, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
> - the patch which adds language_use_babel and friends changes a bit
>   the functionality of LyX and is not a real "fix". It can probably
>   wait.

The main reason for this patch is using \foreignlanguage{foo}{...}
instead of {\selectlanguage{foo}...}.
This is a bug fix (and I am too lazy to separate the patch).

> - the patch which enables geometry when something is typed in some of
>   the margin fields seems backwards to me: what should happen is that
>   the fields are inactive (greyed out) when geometry is not selected.
>   As it is with the patch, the "use geometry" button is actually
>   useless (you cannot switch it off if there is any margin value). It
>   is more an indication than an actual button.

We still need to think what should be done with this issue, but the
behavior of 1.1.6 is confusing. I think that the patch should be applied
(note that it reverts to the behavior as of 1.1.5).