On Sat, Jan 13, 2018 at 12:57:17AM +0000, Uwe Stöhr wrote:
> Am 11.01.2018 um 09:40 schrieb Scott Kostyshak:
>
> > I would like to email translators on Sunday. Please try to get
> > documentation touchups that should be translated done as soon as you
> > can.
>
> I did so and distributed all available changes. If I missed something,
> please let me know.

Thanks! I also have to put in some changes that Koji sent me, but I
think they are just for the Japanese docs so I don't think you will need
to do any follow-up work from that.

> Instead of waiting 2 weeks for RC2, I propose to release RC2 right now and
> let the translators some time to test until the final 2.3.0.

I'm fine with not waiting on translators for rc2. But we are not ready
to release rc2 now. We have put in a lot of changes recently that should
be tested for at least a few days. See for example:

https://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/10978

Also, if you have time, could you please bisect to find out what causes
the following issue?

https://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/10848

> If Rc2 is released, we should assure that no strings will be changed anymore
> unless a bug is fixed.

Agreed.

> Just my two cents.

Thanks,