On Tue, Feb 06, 2018 at 05:07:02PM +0000, Joel Kulesza wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 6, 2018 at 10:00 AM, Scott Kostyshak <skost...@lyx.org> wrote:
>
> > If the repair is non-trivial, let's not fix it and
> >
> instead just not act on the pixmap pref. Does that seem like a good plan
> > for 2.3.0?
>

>  If this is the route taken, would it be acceptable to gray-out/disable the
> unchecked checkbox in the preferences rather than silently ignoring it?

Absolutely. I think JMarc made a similar suggestion to hide it. I
proposed to silently ignore it because by nature of being a release
manager I tend to by default suggest the fewest changes possible now
that we are after rc2.

I actually like your idea of disabling the option better than hiding it,
because I imagine it is a more minor change.

I'm most worried about a change to the .ui files. We've seen weird
platform-specific Qt-version specific behavior with even minor changes
to .ui files that no one would guess would cause a problem. But it might
be possible to hide the option without touching the .ui file. I don't
know.

Scott