On Tue, Feb 06, 2018 at 09:29:08AM +0000, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
> Le 06/02/2018 à 01:57, Scott Kostyshak a écrit :
> > > This is the main question IMO. These days, we cache QTextLayout objects,
> > > which already contain the typeset glyphs.
> >
> > I know nothing about this. If we decide to not use the pixmap cache,
> > would we do a prefs to prefs change at this point in the release
> > process? Or would we just ignore the pref in our internal code?
>
> We can try to repair it if it is easy. Full removal of the code is for
> master only, in 2.3 we could decide to hide the option and not act of
> existing value. So IMO there is no rush to remove the option and modify
> lyxrc version.

Makes sense. Should we then ask Joel/Stephan for a bisect to see if the
repair is easy? If the repair is easy, let's just fix it and not mess
with anything else. If the repair is non-trivial, let's not fix it and
instead just not act on the pixmap pref. Does that seem like a good plan
for 2.3.0?

Scott