Am 10.03.2018 um 21:37 schrieb Uwe Stöhr:

I understand what you wrote but not your goal behind it.
I use the LyX installer to install LyX. Therefore I expect a working LyX afterwards.

In other words:

- we agree that users who run an installer of LyX want
 * to get LyX
 * a working LyX
So the goal for the installer is to achieve this.

- If you have another method to achieve this than the one I am using for the installer, please tell me the steps the installer should do and in what order.

I don't see another solution than what the installer I prepared does.

regards Uwe