* [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [010312 20:22]:
> Angus Leeming writes:
>
> > We're in the process of removing all GUI-specific code from the LyX kernel
>
> Are there any groups working on non-unix GUI's as in an MFC/windows
> or Java attempt?

No. The problem is that there are still important parts of LyX that are
not GUII, they depend heavily on Xforms so nothing can be worked on that
doesn't use X-server and Xforms.

One of the steps that will need to be taken in the coming time is to
GUII-ize the core itself. Currently most of what got GUII-ized is
dialogs, menubar and toolbar. The gut of the application is quite a bit
of work to GUII-ize.

--
Baruch Even
http://baruch.ev-en.org/