Le 13/03/2018 à 16:26, Paul A. Rubin a écrit :
Aspell is only available if the development headers (e.g. libaspell-dev on debian) are available at compile time .

JMarc
Ah. I installed the precompiled package from Liv's PPA, so I guess he compiled it without Aspell (which is fine with me).

When you do "lyx -version" the special build flags line will contain entries like use-enchant, use-hunspell, that tell you what spell checkers have been selected.

Not that enchant is a wrapper library that relies on other spellcheckers that can be aspell, hunspell, etc.