On Wednesday, 9 May 2018 14.30.49 WEST Kornel Benko wrote:
> OK, but what can be done here? Even if I define a converter
>         \converter "svgz" "bmp" "convert  $$i $$o" ""
> I still see the error messages.
>
> (Manually, the "convert"-command works)
>
>         Kornel

Honestly the debugging messages are a bit terse, so it is not obvious what is
going on.

Take an example all the calls at the begin of the debug that say:

Format.cpp (396): filetools(getFormatFromContents)
        Couldn't find a known format!

Adding further the file name to the debug information we see:

Format.cpp (397): filetools(getFormatFromContents)
filename: /home/workspace/devel/lyx/lib/layouts/numreport.inc
        Couldn't find a known format!

????

Why are searching the formats of all files in the User directory?

So I think that it is probably a good idea to improve the debugging messages.
--
José Abílio