On 09/09/2018 04:20 AM, Pavel Sanda wrote:
> Richard Kimberly Heck wrote:
>> Soon, I am going to write small batch file that people can use to
>> install various packages that LyX might want. I'll link that off the
>> wiki, and probably include it in the Windows installer. I mean just the
>> file itself. Not running it as part of the installer.
> Once we collect set of packages/binaries we want by default from texlive
> we could write to texlive mailling list and ask them if they would
> be willing to create lyx-scheme for us directly in the installer...

What a great idea! The file
    development/Win32/packaging/installer/Packages.txt
is what Uwe used to tell MiKTeX what to install (and which I'll use to
build the batch files). I believe it is meant to include everything that
LyX could ever possibly want. That would do, I suppose. It's 319
packages, or so says 'wc -l', but it probably doesn't end up being a
whole ton of space, and some of them may already be installed.
Alternatively, we could try to pare the list down a bit to packages
people are more likely to need.

Riki