On 2019-02-06, Scott Kostyshak wrote:

>> > Could you check, whether the output is correct (i.e. the same as with
>> > inputenc == utf8 or inputenc == ascii) or whether there are wrong
>> > characters?
>> >
>> > If the output is OK, this is fixed by preventing the fallback loading of
>> > utf8 and we can remove the "inversion-clauses".

>> Totally wrong characters displayed for latin-1 supplement and also for latin
>> extended.
>> (All of the created pdf''s are unique)

Thank you Kornel for the ("private") PDFs. I fixed lib/unicodesymbols, could
you re-check?

> These tests aren't failing for me.

Maybe you did not re-compile since 32e4a85e4 (3 days ago)?
Anyway, I fixed the "unicodesymbols", so these tests should now compile
(i.e. the inverted tests fail) even without re-compiling. If not, I have
missed some force flags.

> Note that for me the following test is failing:

>   ctest -R
> "DEFAULTOUTPUT_export/export/latex/systemfonts-Math-missingchars_pdf5_texF"

Yes. This test is not intended to run with 8-bit fonts. (And I am convinced
that any documentation and test that has explicitely set non-TeX fonts is
expected to fail (or pass by pure accidence) with TeX fonts.

Kornel, could you change the test scripts to not replace non-TeX fonts with
TeX-fonts, please?

Günter