Am Samstag, den 09.03.2019, 20:52 +0530 schrieb Joe Doe:
> hi.
> why not. Thanks for the help.
> I hereby grant permission to license any and all contributions I've
> made to LyX under the Gnu GPL version 2 or later.

Thanks for this. Meanwhile I had a closer look at the language
situation. If I am not mistaken, there is not yet proper malayalam
support in babel, is it? So

> +     BabelName        malayalam

does most probably not work.

(Malayalam is experimentally supported by a babel "ini" file, but I am
unable to produce a working document)

I see, however, that there is the malayalam-latex package for
typesetting Mayalalam with traditional LaTeX:
http://www.ctan.org/pkg/malayalam-latex

But this uses latin transliteration, so we cannot support it without
major work.

Thus, I'd suggest to only support polyglossia for the moment.

Is that fine with you, Joice?

Jürgen