Le 20/07/2019 à 14:25, Cor Blom a écrit :
Op 20-07-19 om 13:34 schreef Jean-Marc Lasgouttes:
To be clear, this feature is mainly a request of Hebrew writers, as I see it.

As someone writing stuff in multiple western languages and Hebrew I welcome this change, but I think it is overdone. My keyboard setup is that I use a different keyboard per script, not per language. I type all western language with a US keyboard with composite key enabled. I cannot type a different script with that keyboard layout, so for that I switch keyboard and in that case only I would like LyX to follow that change by changing the language. I think LyX needs to do what LibreOffice does and have some setting per script: Latin, RTL and Asian. For each script a default language can be set and the rest can be changed through LyX as it is now. I find changing keyboard cumbersome and confusing, so I prefer to do it as little as possible.

That is at least how I work.

For ease of discussion, I reproduce here what I wrote in ticket #6450. I propose that we continue the discussion there.

JMarc

Cor, I looked at the Libreoffice preferences, and I am not 100% sure I feel comfortable with it.

I am not sure how this script thing works. Is there really "RTL script" keyboard that allows to write Herbrew, Arabic, Persian and Urdu? Or if I set the default RTL to Arabic, every time I switch to a Hebrew keyboard the language is set to Arabic?

Same problem for Asian. It seems to me that each language mostly requires a keyboard (but my knowledge in this respect is poor).

As I see it, the issue is for Latin keyboards. I see how your setup works, but there are people who actually change keyboard layout between fr_FR and en_US without changing physical keyboard, because they do touch-typing.

Personally, I do not use non-Latin scripts and write everything on a French keyboard, so I would just disable OS keyboard following. However, I understand that adding Hebrew to the mix makes things more complicated.

I do not see how the LibreOffice? system would allow to write either French/Hebrew? documents or English/Hebrew? ones easily.

Sorry for my incoherent rambling, I am trying to converge to something but I do not have it in hand yet.
Voir ↑