Am Freitag, 30. August 2019, 10:32:19 CEST schrieb Guenter Milde:
> On 2019-08-29, Kornel Benko wrote:
> > Am Donnerstag, 29. August 2019, 12:19:41 CEST schrieb Guenter Milde:
> >> On 2019-08-29, Kornel Benko wrote:

> >> MonomakhUnicode comes with the Debian package "texlive-fonts-extra".
>
> > We are talking about system fonts, don't we? texlive-fonts-extra is for
> > tex only.
>
> Yes. And this is why the font is not available outside "out of the box".
> I have a copy in ~/.fonts which makes it available system wide for me.

Could you describe the procedure on how to make a tex font available? Sorry for
being dump.

> OTOH, it is a Unicode-encoded OpenType font and you most probably have it
> already on your hard disk. The "unreliableTests" comment now also has a
> public URL for download. It won't be easy to find "fonts that are more
> commonly available".

Could not find the correct comment

> >> Also, the change from Serif Devanagari to Sans Devanagari violates the rule
> >> This may be OK as last ressort, but generally the test documents should
> >> also
> >> be examples of best current praxis. Both fonts are present in the
> >> Debian/stable package "fonts-noto-hinted" (and yes, they look different).
>
> > Installed here too, but without the Serif part.
>
> Strange.
> Here, I have "fonts-noto-hinted" version 20161116-1 from Debian/stable.
> So either your version is older than
>

>  fonts-noto (20160724-1) unstable; urgency=medium

True, it is:
        $dpkg -l fonts-noto-hinted
        ii  fonts-noto-hinted            20160116-1          all
 "No Tofu" font families with large Unicode coverage (hinted)

>   * [ upstream ]
>     + Add Serif Devanagari (h/uh) v1.01.
>
> or a newer version excludes this font again for some reason.
> (However, I can not find a hint to such a step in the Debian/unstable
> changelog
> https://metadata.ftp-master.debian.org/changelogs//main/f/fonts-noto/fonts-noto_20181227-1_changelog
> )
>
> Alternatively, you can download from upstream (i.e. Google):
> https://www.google.com/get/noto/ points me to
> https://noto-website-2.storage.googleapis.com/pkgs/NotoSerifDevanagari-hinted.zip
>

> IMO, the current policy is to allow such dependencies (cp. the various LaTeX
> packages that are only available on the publishers homepages or the LyX wiki)
> but mark them as "unreliable.nonstandard" rather than make sacrifices on our
> testing.
>
> The other side of the coin is that every tester may get some failures due to
> unmet requirements and that whenever such a test fails it helps to look up
> the additional requirements in "unreliableTests".

Did you commit? Cannot find.

> Günter

        Kornel