On 27/11/2019 19:54, Kornel Benko wrote:
Am Wed, 27 Nov 2019 18:09:44 +0100
schrieb pdv <pdvissch...@edpnet.be>:

find_package(PythonInterp ...) is deprecated since CMake 3.12.

With the current master build on MacOS CMake returns
`Python3_EXECUTABLE=Python3.5` although Python3.7 is selected with macports.

Using the recommended find_package(Python3 ...) CMake returns
`Python3_EXECUTABLE=Python3.7`. (patch included)

Patrick

No need to query for LYX_PYTHON_EXECUTABLE  before calling the find_package().
Therefore the patch could be as in the attached.

BTW, I never saw any deprecated message ... only looking into
FindPythonInterp.cmake
there is a hint.

        Kornel

I thought that a user might want to define LYX_PYTHON_EXECUTABLE and this will now be overwritten.

It's indeed just a hint in the docs: https://cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.15/module/FindPythonInterp.html?highlight=findpythoninterp

Patrick