I think I actually found a clue. In the LyX.sln there are 36 projects, one
of them is called install, compiling that one creates a LYX_INSTALLED
folder. I just went with Build > Build Solution in VS menu bar. Now I see
that in the stable branch it is described differently with "Compile the
INSTALL project to get a LyX installation in
C:\LyX\lyx-23-build\LYX_INSTALLED.", makes sense. So that takes care of
that.
Now I just have the issue with the "Debug" folder within the bin folder.
Note, when compiling the Install project I have not that "Debug" folder,
the file hierarchy is as it should be.
I guess the install project wont do for debugging, right? maybe, there is
another project, which I can compile? I will append pictures with the
projects hierarchy in the solution file, maybe it makes sense to you.
[image: prjH1.PNG]
[image: prjH2.PNG]

Eugene