Am 23.02.2020 um 16:07 schrieb Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <lasgout...@lyx.org>:

> Le 23/02/2020 à 15:42, Stephan Witt a écrit :
>> What’s the audience of this file?
>> Perhaps it’s possible to download a LyX for 10.4 - but is this the
>> intention of the authors of this list of requirements?
>
> The question is: is it possible to compile LyX so that it runs under MacOS X
> 10.4? But this has a meaning only if we know someone who provides this (even
> through macports and friends, actually).

I have elder versions of Mac OS available to test it.

On Mac OS 10.8.5 (2012+) with Apple clang 4.0 the build
of lyx-2.3.4.2 fails with compiler errors in boost:

error: no member named ‚move‘ in namespace ’std’

I don’t know if it makes sense to go back further at this point.
From the point of security and inter-operability its not
sensible to use those old systems anyway.

It’s a little bit difficult to make a correct statement.
From my point of view its the goal to build a LyX package
ready to use for the user w/o compiler and other developer
utilities. So I have to be able to build Qt + LyX on my own.
I want to use Apple utilities to build the whole thing.

I doubt it’s possible to get macports or homebrew ready
to run on very old Mac OS versions. This would be an option
to get modern compiler versions to build current LyX from
source. I’m unable to test this.

ATM, I’m able to build LyX on Mac OS 10.11.6 (El Capitan 2015).

Stephan