Am 09.08.2020 um 13:42 schrieb Stephan Witt <st.w...@gmx.net>:

> Am 09.08.2020 um 13:29 schrieb Jürgen Spitzmüller <sp...@lyx.org>:
>>
>> Am Sonntag, den 09.08.2020, 13:22 +0200 schrieb Stephan Witt:
>>> while trying to fix bug 6401 (wrong navigation in text on Mac) I
>>> stumbled over the question
>>> if the InsetSpecialChar incarnations for LyX, LaTeX etc. are letters
>>> or not. IMO they should
>>> rated as letters (e.g. to get statistics right or keyboard navigation
>>> for word forward/backward).
>>
>> It doesn't look right. "LyX" is counted as one character, whereas it
>> should be counted as three.
>
> Yes, that’s another problem. This problem I’ve not addressed.
>
>> This probably needs some new member that returns the number of
>> characters for such sorts of insets.
>
> That would be good of course. Do you think this can be used to solve the
> problem if „LyX“ is a word delimiter or not?

Next patch including the first one corrects the char count w/o additional
inset member function. My primary target is to get the navigation correct.
But improved statistics correctness is a nice by-catch.

I’ve checked the code for isLetter() calls and the most interesting is
the call in Paragraph::find().

Stephan