On 10/8/20 13:46, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
Le 10 août 2020 12:00:35 GMT+02:00, Daniel <xraco...@gmx.de> a écrit :
Which is the better patch depends on what the reason for a difference
LaTeX was. I am not sure what that reason might have been. Use less
space in the work area for headers?

The font sizes should be those used in the cls file. The right patch will be
the one that does the same as the LaTeX source. It may depend on the class.

I am not sure I follow you. There are no font size defined for the book class in its cls file (book.cls). Instead it takes its sizes from an inc file (stdsections.inc). So, I am wondering whether you are suggesting to *not* change the inc file to make the book class match the LaTeX source but instead add explicit sizes to the book.cls?

But isn't the idea of the stdsections.inc file to contain the correct book class sizes? If so, and changing the inc file is the right way, then the sectioning_sizes.diff should do what you suggest.
--
Daniel