On 2020-08-11 00:34, Richard Kimberly Heck wrote:
On 8/10/20 1:31 PM, Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:
Am Montag, den 10.08.2020, 15:36 +0200 schrieb Daniel:
The font sizes should be those used in the cls file. The right
patch will be the one that does the same as the LaTeX source. It
may depend on the class.

I am not sure I follow you. There are no font size defined for the
book class in its cls file (book.cls). Instead it takes its sizes
from an inc file (stdsections.inc).
No, book.cls defines its sizes in the \@makechapterhead macro. Other
classes have different sizes (or even scalar sizes, such as KOMA).

Which means, I take it, that we should override the default font sizes
declared in stdsections.inc in book.layout, or scrartcl.layout, etc. A
first step, though, is to undo the incorrect override in article.layout,
which I've done.

Yes, sorry, I said cls file and thought about the layout file.

So, I guess there are two ways to change the book layout font sizes. Either change the stdsections.inc which is where the book layout currently takes its font sizes from or the stdsections.inc that is why I thought changing those was the correct way. Alternatively, the sizes could be explicitly set in book.layout. Since other layouts also import the wrong font sizes through stdsections.inc, like the KOMA classes, I thought the change there was the right one. For example, undoing the override leads in article.layout leads to the correct effect only in conjunction with fixing sections.inc. Otherwise, the override should not be removed but changed to Huger (or Giant -whatever is the right terminology, I don't know).
--
Daniel