Op 02-09-2020 om 14:39 schreef Enrico Forestieri:
As regards where to put the fonts, you have the choice of leaving
them where they are installed by lyx (and, at least on debian, lyx
is able to find and use them), or package them separately and
register them with fontconfig. In this case, they can also be used
by other packages.

I really have no idea why it does not work for you.

My guess is: debian and fedora do not install texlive fonts in the default /usr/share/fonts directory. opensuse does. I can disable the texlive fonts and then all is working fine. If I don't there is a chance the wrong font is used.

Cor