Op 01-09-2020 om 22:21 schreef Enrico Forestieri:
We already have an elegant solution. We rely on Qt to do the right thing
with QFontDatabase::addApplicationFont(), but on linux it does not work
right, contrarily to Windows (and I think MacOS) where it works well.
In this case it should suffice to directly add the lyx font directory
to the fontconfig paths. The fonts ditributed with lyx are a superset
of the texlive ones and could also replace them. However, this is not
necessary because we can find our fonts by requesting the style "LyX",
provided that fontconfig can find them.

I think I know why it does not work. The lyx fonts are installed in /usr/share/lyx/fonts and it looks to me this is kind of hardcoded, because "lyx -dbg font" only gives OK for me when the fonts are in that directory.

Fontconfig, however, does not look into that directory. So "fc-match -v "esint10: style=lyx" | grep file:" only give me the correct result when the lyx fonts are in /usr/share/fonts.

When I add /usr/share/lyx/fonts to the directories where fontconfig looks, then it all works as it should. I can solve this by adding a fontconfig configuration file to the package.

Does this sound right to you?

Regards,

Cor