On 18/09/2020 11:33 pm, Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:
Am Freitag, den 18.09.2020, 22:50 +1200 schrieb Andrew Parsloe:
I've attached a mwe. I created a 2 row, 3 column table, changed to
Formal Style, cleared the internal rules (leaving top and bottom
rules), then joined the 2nd and 3rd cells of the top row using the
button on the table toolbar. Now clicking the lower border button
with the cursor in the combined cell produces the duplicate \cmidrule
commands (as viewed in the Code Preview Pane).
Thanks. I see it in 2.3.x, but not in 2.4.x, where the table is
exported as

\begin{tabular}{ccc}
\toprule
  & \multicolumn{2}{c}{}\tabularnewline
\cmidrule{2-3}
  &  & \tabularnewline
\bottomrule
\end{tabular}

As this is a mere cosmetic issue and since 2.4.x has a completely
reworked and extended cmidrule handling which cannot be backported, I
propose we leave things as they are.

Jürgen
Yes, it didn't break compilation to pdf. I was using LyX (as I often do) to see what the underlying LaTeX looked like in the Code Preview Pane.
Andrew