[going back to lyx-devel]

Le 09/12/2020 à 10:00, Yuriy Skalko a écrit :
But now Trac works without any server maintainer, right? As I understand Gitea don't require much maintenance. Upgrading it is just replacing one binary and restarting (I have done this several times without any issues) If there is interest and it is possible to get SSH access to some VM in OSUOSL (or in other place), I'm ready to prepare Gitea instance so we can try it on practice and compare with alternatives.

As for me, Gitea to Gitlab is like LyX to MS Word. Gitlab is too slow, bloated and has not so good usability.

But it all depend on the goals. To have better popularity and bring new developers, GitHub will be the best option. To preserve current workflow, updating Trac will be the best. To have fast development site with modern features (such as pull requests and code review), Gitea will provide this.

One big point concerning gitlab/github/gitea is our ability to import the trac tickets database as faithfully as possible. Changing our workflow is not a problem if it is for the best, but our tickets are the history of the project, we should preserve as much data as possible.