Le 12/01/2021 à 11:00, Pavel Sanda a écrit :
- I prefer to stay with single digits as long as possible because it's
   easier to remember/communicate them. The moment the version numbers
   go beyond 10, you tend to lose track of versions (experience with
   firefox-like scheme).

Firefox changes its major number on a 6 weeks (maybe 4 weeks now) schedule. We change ours every 110 weeks historically. If we go to 3 now, we will be at 10 in 14 years.

It is more like LibreOffice than Firefox.

But I am not going to argue more than that.
I guess I have to shelve my proposal to rename ourselves to "LyX Office Studio", then.