On Thu, Jan 14, 2021 at 05:36:58PM +0100, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
> Le 14/01/2021 à 16:53, Scott Kostyshak a écrit :
>
> > For building with clang, all I currently do is:
> >
> >    export CC=/usr/bin/clang
> >    export CXX=/usr/bin/clang++
>
> Here I do
>
> ../master/configure CXX="clang++-11 -stdlib=libc++"

Thanks, this is good to know. What is your intuition for when it would
be helpful to try the different C++ standard library? Did it have to do
since it is related to the move operator which is a relatively new C++
concept? I'm just trying to learn general intuition so I keep an eye
out. For example, would you consider trying it for any bug that is
reproducible on macOS but not on Linux with libstdc++? What about
reproducible on Windows but not Linux with libstdc++? If yes, only
crashing bugs or also difference-in-behavior bugs? I guess it is hard to
figure out whether the difference could be from the C++ standard library
or platform-specific Qt issues. Don't spend much (/any) time on this
question. Probably it is just a feeling you develop after lots of
experience and it's hard to explain.

Scott