Dear list,

On Windows, you use the Alt key to enter special characters. For instance,
Alt+0156 for œ, Alt+0171 for «, or ALT+0187 for ». Few standard keyboard
layouts propose these characters.

However, by default, in LyX, this has a very problematic side-effect: Alt+0
resets the zoom level to zero. Personally, I know how to configure this
shortcut, but newcomers may be left puzzled (and leave completely).

Moreover, it's more common to use Ctrl+0 to reset the zoom level, at least
on Windows: most Web browsers do it (at least Firefox, Chrome, and IE), all
Microsoft Office programs. It does not work for LibreOffice or Notepad++.

I would propose to change the default binding to Ctrl+0, as it's more
common (although not ubiquitous), and this would fix the problem of
changing zoom when you try to insert a character.

What do you think of this?