On 17/01/2021 1:42 am, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
Le 16/01/2021 à 04:36, Andrew Parsloe a écrit :
As a LyX user on windows, I would be reluctant to see Ctrl+-  changed. To meit sits comfortably alongside Ctrl+space to give a protected space. (To my mind, the odd one out is Alt+. to give an ellipsis rather than Ctrl+. for this function.  To maintain equilibrium I recall JMarc's description from 17 Jul 2018, "remember that LyX is a platypus: something so weirdly designed that everybody is surprised that it even exists.")

Do you keep a list of my most famous quotes ? I am flattered ;)
No, but the mention of platypuses obviously stuck. When I 'discovered' LyX about 15 years ago, the User's Guide had a picture of a platypus. It feels as if the unlikely creature has been a meme in LyX development for a long time.

More seriously, it is important to keep a good balance between the normal and the weird.

JMarc
Andrew