> On Tue, Apr 17, 2001 at 06:00:58PM +0200, Andre Poenitz wrote:
> > PS: Would be nice to get some more feedback to the "macro monster patch",
> > otherwise I'll have a hard time to force-feed this down Lars's throat ;-}
>
> I had few problems with your patch:
> 1. In macro instances, the argument where not expanded to their values, i.e.
> I got #1,#2 etc.

That is one of the remaining issues, it is solvable by extensive redrawing

> 2. The cursor is broken when it is inside a macro instance.

How?

> Also, what is the reason for the new behavior when the cursor moves into a
> macro instance (i.e. the box with the argument) ?

> Do you think that it is a better UI ?

Sort of, yes. But it's an implementation issue, too.

If an argument is used more than once (ie #1 + #2 + #1), it is now
obvious that there is only one argument and there is no surprise if the
display changes in several places after this argument has changed.

>From the implementation pov it's simply that the old macro code did not
allow editing of nested macros of the same kind at all and editing and
displaying macro of the same kind were not independent (I'd even say
impossible, but I probably have not understood the inner workings of the
old implemnetation entirely). Anyway, I had to break a few things to make
nested macros of the same kind work in a manner that I understand and one
of the things that are seemingly gone is some knowledge the macro had of
its arguments... but I actually think of changing this again so this won't
hold true for long...

I just noticed another bug, so maybe its worthwhile to wait a bit for your
next try...

Andre'

--
C++-Programmierer gesucht ... Naeheres unter http://mathematik.htwm.de/job