This is a duplicate of a question already asked in the user forum. Riki
recommended to post it in the developer forum.

--

Operating system: macOS 11.3 Beta (20E5196f)

I have been struggling with this problem for a few days now. Last week my
homebrew installation quietly updated Qt to v6 (brew upgrade). Since then I
can't compile LyX anymore. Unfortunately I learned about the "brew pin" command
too late.

When running .\configure I get the error message: "configure: error: cannot
compile a simple Qt executable. Check you have the right $QTDIR."

I tried to set $QTDIR to the following directories:

/usr/local/Cellar/qt
/usr/local/Cellar/qt/6.0.2
/usr/local/Cellar/qt/6.0.2/bin
/usr/local/Cellar/qt/6.0.2/lib
/usr/local/opt/qt
/usr/local/opt/qt6
/usr/local/opt/qt@6

I also tried to downgrade to Qt5, but this also did not solve the problem. I
have noticed that Qt5 is not installed in the folder "qt" anymore (this is now
the place, where Qt6 is installed), but in a folder with the name "qt@5".

I also deleted my local repository and started from scratch. Also no success.

I appreciate any recommendation what to do.

Chris