On Mon, Apr 23, 2001 at 12:12:13PM -0400, Amir Karger wrote:
> Mailing-List: contact [EMAIL PROTECTED]; run by ezmlm
> Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 12:12:13 -0400
> From: Amir Karger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Thank you!
>
> Thanks to LyX, for helping me write my thesis (thesis style file, hacked
> into a layout), a paper to be submitted (article), and my Ph. D. defense
> seminar (slides). Thanks to LyX, I passed my thesis defense on Friday.
>
> No thanks to LyX, for wasting huge amounts of my time in coding.
>
> Thanks to LyX, for helping me learn OO Perl. It looks like that's mostly
> what got me my new job in bioinformatics, a field about which I know
> nothing, except I'll apparently be coding databases in Perl.
>
> -Amir

Congratulations!

You're lucky to have written your thesis in an era when such great tools
are available. I wrote mine on a PDP-11 using a plaintext editor and a
fixed pitch daisywheel, pasting in the Greek letters from ruboff sheets.
And I was very happy to have at least a computer available! Didn't look
nearly as good though... looks do matter.

Now you won't have any excuse not to keep maintaining reLyX ;-)

Martin
--
Martin Vermeer  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Helsinki University of Technology