Congratulations, Amir!

Very good news indeed.

On Mon, 23 Apr 2001, Amir Karger wrote:
[...]
> No thanks to LyX, for wasting huge amounts of my time in coding.

Wasting?  It's the International Year of the Volunteer and everyone should
be celebrating the efforts of dedicated volunteers such as yourself who
tirelessly and selflessly work to produce free software tools.
Especially, tools that everyone wants to have working but aren't capable
of assisting in (because they don't know Perl and haven't time to learn).

Then we can move onto celebrating the contributions of Lars, JMarc,
Juergen, Angus, Asger, Mike, Jose', Dekel, John W. and John L., Baruch,
Shigeru and Kayvan to name a few.

> Thanks to LyX, for helping me learn OO Perl. It looks like that's mostly
> what got me my new job in bioinformatics, a field about which I know
> nothing, except I'll apparently be coding databases in Perl.

Does this mean we have a maintainer for reLyX again?

Allan. (ARRae)
Who can't seem to get accents into his emails anymore...