"Kayvan A. Sylvan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

| On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 09:17:04AM +0200, Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:
|
| > | Okay. I have set up the anoncvs using rsync. Works great.
| > |
| > | This anon CVS repository is set up to sync from baywatch.lyx.org
| > | every 15 minutes.
| >
| > That was a bit often... can you use every other hour or something
| > instead?
|
| Why? The most time-consuming sync is the first one. After that, we are only
| passing around relatively small files.

but you are not the only one using rsync. also remember that the old
anoncvs had a only 30 minutes lag, and that was on the same subnet.

I will possibly set a max connections on the rsync server to lessen
the load on baywatch.

| > | The instructions at http://www.devel.lyx.org/cvs.php3 for using
| > | the anonymous CVS server all apply.
| > |
| > | My daily builds are building again. The results can be found
| > | at ftp://ftp.sylvan.com/pub/lyx/devel
| >
| > Can we use this as an official mirror?
|
| Yes.

super.

| > Your in US right?
|
| Yup. I am in San Jose, California, USA.

I'll call on you next time I am in the neighbourhood

| > (we really should have an European mirror too)
| >
| > anoncvs.us.lyx.org would that work for you?
|
| Sure. You want to set it up as a CNAME for cvs.sylvan.com?

yes.

done.

anoncvs.us.lyx.org and cvs.us.lyx.org points to cvs.sylvan.com

--
        Lgb