Hi all,

I recently had a discussion on lyx-users regarding synctex (Subject: Syncing
skim with LyX) which lead me to the attached patch to improve the usability of
the document setting in GuiDocument::outputModule.

I want to be sure the patch is an improvement. Therefor I ask you for comments.

1)
AFAICS the synctex activation is possible for more than pfdlatex output only.
I’ve tried dvi, luatex and xetex and all of them work for me. So I’ve changed
the check in BufferParams::writeLaTeX to use OutputParams::isLaTeX. Is someone
to tell if this change is the right one? Perhaps it’s superfluous in
BufferParams::writeLaTeX at all and one can output it w/o the check for the
flavor here?

2)
The LFUN_FORWARD_SEARCH implementation relies on the correct check in
getStatus. The patch adds the explicit check for presence of current buffer and
active output_sync state. Regarding the latter I’m not sure if someone is
unhappy with it. In case of preamble code to activate synctex the
LFUN_FORWARD_SEARCH would work but LyX doesn’t know that and it’s disabled.
What is your opinion here?

BR, Stephan