On 19/09/2022 10:19 am, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
Le 17/09/2022 à 01:09, Andrew Parsloe a écrit :
I have a command-sequence that uses word-select prior to using cut. Recently I was surprised to find the content of the *previous* item saved to the clipboard being pasted rather than the expected one. After experimenting, I think an unintuitive cursor positioning is the cause.

Hi Andrew,

Indeed, selectWord does not really consider pre-existing selection.

Easy solution : reset selection before selecting word
More difficult one: extend current selection up to word boundaries.

I do not know which one is the most useful. What would you expect if the original selection spans more that one word?

JMarc

For my particular command sequence, I changed it to repeat word-select, which I suppose is your easy solution: the first word-select resets the selection, the second then selects the word.

For a pre-existing selection spanning a blank between words I think your more difficult solution is the intuitive behaviour: expand back to the beginning of the first word and forward to the end of the second word. Currently, it does just the second part. (Repeating word-select doesn't work in this case.)

Andrew