On 10/9/22 12:30, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
Le 09/10/2022 à 17:28, Rodolfo Oviedo a écrit :
Hi Jean-Marc,

Thank you for your reply!

You are welcome. Please keep lyx-devel in copy, it is better to share our thoughts with everyone.

I agree that it is enough. However, I think it is not optimum, especially because the corners are too thin to notice without a conscious effort to spot them. That is why I think that allowing a change in the color of the cursor would be helpful.

What is your setting (OS, screen) ? Do you have a HiDpi monitor ? Would it be better to have thicker corners?

If a set of four corners were substituted by a thin square, that would be immediately noticeable. I suppose the developers did not use squares because they found them too obtrusive.

Right, or we could change the background color to be more noticeable.
I'll vote for that. Sometimes it's a wee bit hard to tell whether I am in a subscript/superscript, or in the "owner" of the subscript/superscript, or what. For example, if you enter $\sum_1^n$ and then mouse between the subscript, the superscript and the summation sign, the corners never change. If we could change the background for just the "relevant portion" (say, the portion subject to destruction if I hit the backspace key), that would be helpful. Right now, if I have the cursor just past the summation and hit backspace, it highlights the whole thing, conveniently telling me the amount of destruction I am about to unleash; but if the cursor is somewhere within the summation, backspacing does no highlighting or warning and just destroys something. (This is on 2.3.6.) Somewhat unexpectedly, if the cursor is just to the left of the sigma, backspacing nukes both subscript and superscript but leaves the sigma.

Paul