Am Dienstag, dem 29.11.2022 um 10:11 +0000 schrieb John Robert Hudson:
> I use openSUSE Linux but I assume that if I prepare the changes in
> 2.3 and then open a text editor and copy and paste them into
> Additional.lyx, save that and send you a patch, that should work. I
> am familiar with working with markup languages and I do not think
> there will be anything in a 2.3 markup which will be incompatible
> with 2.4 - at least not in the layout of Additional.lyx.

I don't think this will work. We have changes in Additional.lyx of 2.4
which we don't want to loose. This document can't be opened with 2.3.
You can export it to 2.3 format, but then some new features will be
exported to TeX Mode and not reverted back when opened with 2.4.

2.4 is stable enough meanwhile to use it for such kind of work.

--
Jürgen