Le 21/02/2023 à 17:01, Scott Kostyshak a écrit :
On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 02:37:03PM +0100, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
commit 9bdc0dab31337fd6788d587127842eb3558881ae
Author: Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <lasgout...@lyx.org>
Date:   Wed Feb 20 12:01:44 2019 +0100

     Honor Update::SinglePar properly
The SinglePar update flags has been a no-op for a long time without
     naybody noticing. This means that the current paragraph was
     always rebroken and redrawn, even when only moving the cursor around.
Now we only do that when Update::SinglePar has been specified. This
     means that there may be cases where update will not be correct
     anymore, because this flag has not been specified. These places will
     have to be found and fixed.
Update PAINTING_ANALYSIS.
---

Found an instance that seems to be missing an update.

Reproducing requires some fast typing. It is only 30% reproducible even
after a shot of espresso, but 100% reproducible if I cheat with xdotool.

A better way to reproduce is to set the inline completion delay to 2 seconds (instead of the default 0.2s).

It seems that bad things happen when using tab before the completion timer triggers. Then Tab shows the missing "psilon" in gray (instead of replacing everything by the right glyph).

I don't like macro completion in math. I do not even understand how it works :(

Could you put that to trac, so that I can track it?

JMarc

To reproduce:

1. Open the attached document.
2. Place the cursor inside the empty math inset.
3. Very quickly type "\upsil<Tab>".

I get the attached screenshot.

If you are on Linux with X, you can use the following instead of typing
quickly:

# enter this into a terminal window after opening missing-update-screenshot.png.
sleep 5s &&
# Now switch to LyX and put the cursor in the math inset.
xdotool type --clearmodifiers --delay 0 "\upsil" &&
xdotool key Tab

Can anyone reproduce?

Scott