On Tue, Feb 21, 2023 at 05:56:14PM +0100, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
> Le 21/02/2023 à 17:01, Scott Kostyshak a écrit :
> > On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 02:37:03PM +0100, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
> > > commit 9bdc0dab31337fd6788d587127842eb3558881ae
> > > Author: Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <lasgout...@lyx.org>
> > > Date:   Wed Feb 20 12:01:44 2019 +0100
> > >
> > >      Honor Update::SinglePar properly
> > >      The SinglePar update flags has been a no-op for a long time without
> > >      naybody noticing. This means that the current paragraph was
> > >      always rebroken and redrawn, even when only moving the cursor around.
> > >      Now we only do that when Update::SinglePar has been specified. This
> > >      means that there may be cases where update will not be correct
> > >      anymore, because this flag has not been specified. These places will
> > >      have to be found and fixed.
> > >      Update PAINTING_ANALYSIS.
> > > ---
> >
> > Found an instance that seems to be missing an update.
> >
> > Reproducing requires some fast typing. It is only 30% reproducible even
> > after a shot of espresso, but 100% reproducible if I cheat with xdotool.
>
> A better way to reproduce is to set the inline completion delay to 2 seconds
> (instead of the default 0.2s).
>
> It seems that bad things happen when using tab before the completion timer
> triggers. Then Tab shows the missing "psilon" in gray (instead of replacing
> everything by the right glyph).
>
> I don't like macro completion in math. I do not even understand how it works
> :(
>
> Could you put that to trac, so that I can track it?

Done: https://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/12674

I the set milestone to 2.4.0 since it's a regression, but it is a very
minor issue and I don't imagine many at all will come across it and even
if they do, a simple keypress causes a repaint. So I do not think this
is important for 2.4.0 (feel free to remove the milestone).

Scott