On the Mac GraphicsMagic is not available as default, but easily
installed with Homebrew (and I am sure MacPorts and similar ilk).

I have been using that for years.

Something like

ln -fs $(brew --prefix)/opt/graphicsmagick/bin/gm /usr/local/bin/convert

results in a 'convert' which does the work (as does 'gm convert'), is
version independent and work on both Intel and Silicon.

el

On 09/05/2023 21:38, Pavel Sanda wrote:
> On Mon, May 08, 2023 at 05:49:46PM +0200, Pavel Sanda wrote:
[...]
> On debian only 'gm' binary is avaiable and you need to call 'gm
> convert' so we would need to change our configure script to deal wit
> this.
>
> We need to check that opensuse (and fedora?) contain GM, and test it
> for some time to see possible side effects.
>
> But otherwise it seems as a reasonable solution. We could just put
> into release notes that we urge all distro maintainers who were can't
> do anything with IM bans to give GM as a primary dependency.
[...]
--
To email me replace 'nospam' with 'el'