Am Do., 6. Juli 2023 um 03:47 Uhr schrieb Thibaut Cuvelier:

> On Wed, 5 Jul 2023 at 22:02, Enrico Forestieri wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Jul 05, 2023 at 08:42:21PM +0200, Pavel Sanda wrote:
>> >
>> >I think your patch should go for windows port only as it would probably
>> >interfere with ppl choosing windows style under linux (yes, apparently
>> >there are users choosing this as I read users list).
>>
>> I don't think this is a good idea because LyX would look different from
>> any other application.
>>

> +1, the Fusion style isn't native at all (the colours are completely off,
> for instance). Maybe some users will like it, though (like the author of
> https://www.qt.io/blog/dark-mode-on-windows-11-with-qt-6.5).
>
> However, it seems that the classic Windows theme has a dark mode starting
> with Qt 6.5 (out since April):
> https://www.qt.io/blog/dark-mode-on-windows-11-with-qt-6.5. The Windows
> style, both in Qt 5 and Qt 6, is horrible, though... Here is what it looks
> like (2.4 beta 3 with Qt 6.5.1 as built by Eugene; run with:
> .\LyX.exe -platform windows:darkmode=2 -style windows
> ):
>
> What's strange is that the situation isn't much better for Qt Quick, with
> no native Windows dark theme. There are other open-source projects that
> provide a good Windows theme that also works in dark, such as
> https://github.com/witalihirsch/QTWin11 for Python only or
> https://github.com/marunemitsu/QTFluent (very modern style, unlike the
> default Vista one). I have seen good results with
> https://github.com/ColinDuquesnoy/QDarkStyleSheet (but not with its light
> theme!), which is more or less maintained and should work with Qt 6 (not
> PyQt 6 out of the box, though). Wireshark went that route, but the code
> didn't get merged (
> https://gitlab.com/wireshark/wireshark/-/merge_requests/6382).
>
> Overall, it seems that Qt's dark theme for Windows is inexistent; their
> preferred solution is to avoid implementing a proper theme, so that people
> have to rely on unmaintained projects or use their own solution. They rely
> consider it done (
> https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-72028#comment-712180)!
>
> How complex would it be to have a new LyX setting to choose the Qt theme?
> I believe it should not be too hard, as you can change the style on
> QApplication. Or is there something I'm missing?

I tried my luck here (patch attached) but it is not working though. While I
think I got the UI and LyXRC right, the problem is that at the time of
creation of QApplication the LyXRC is initialized but not read, so the
saved style preference is not available.

This stacktrace is from application creation:
  LyX.exe!lyx::createApplication(int & argc, char * * argv) Zeile 224 C++
  LyX.exe!lyx::LyX::exec(int & argc, char * * argv) Zeile 358 C++
  LyX.exe!main(int argc, char * * argv) Zeile 55 C++

This one from LyXRC reading:
  LyX.exe!lyx::LyXRC::read(lyx::Lexer & lexrc, bool check_format) Zeile 608
C++
  LyX.exe!lyx::LyXRC::read(const lyx::support::FileName & filename, bool
check_format) Zeile 242 C++
  LyX.exe!lyx::LyX::readRcFile(const std::string & name, bool check_format)
Zeile 1148 C++
  LyX.exe!lyx::LyX::init() Zeile 998 C++
  LyX.exe!lyx::LyX::init(int & argc, char * * argv) Zeile 483 C++
  LyX.exe!lyx::LyX::exec(int & argc, char * * argv) Zeile 366 C++
  LyX.exe!main(int argc, char * * argv) Zeile 55 C++

second function from bottom: line 358 vs 366.

Any ideas what I could do here?
--
  Eugene