On Sat, 2023-07-22 at 23:59 +0200, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
> I suspect rpmdist dislikes the hyphens after RC1. Are you sure that
> this is typical of rpm naming? You could try underscores instead.
>
> In the past our release nme were more like lyx-2.4.0rc1

Jean-Marc is right regarding the name scheme:

[name]-[version]-[release].[arch].rpm

2.4.0-RC1-devel

does not work but

2.4.0-RC1.devel

would

where 2.4.0 is the version and RC1-devel is the release.

Notice also that nowadays rpm supports the pre-release naming scheme
like

2.4.0~rc1 for the version.

This is only relevant if you plan to later release

lyx-2.4.0-1

to ensure that rpm considers that this version is newer than

lyx-2.4.0~rc1-1 (for example)

Best regards,
--
José Abílio